- This event has passed.
Advocacy Hotline Training (Melbourne)
January 24 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
Learn how to respond to incoming phone calls on the AUWU National Advocacy Hotline.
No prior experience necessary!
- learn about the most common issues facing Newstart recipients
- learn to apply the AUWU rights booklet to caller inquiries
- learn our standard call procedure
- become familiar with our code of conduct
- listen to our Advocacy Officers take live calls
Come to as many Tuesday training sessions as you need, until you feel confident to:
- answer the phone and refer calls to our more experienced Advocacy Officers
- respond to calls as an Advocacy Officer
This is a core aspect of AUWU work. You will learn to really make a positive difference in people’s lives. And you will learn and work in a mutually supportive environment.
All welcome to come along to one training to see if this is something that would suit you.