The Australian Unemployed Workers’ Union fights for the rights of all Australians to dignified social security and employment. We are ordinary people standing up against the abuses of the “jobactive” system, and a de-funded Centrelink system.
Here is the full list of our direct-action political campaigns; current and past.
To get involved, simply contact your AUWU state or branch representative here.
- Dump Your Demerits, 2018 ongoing
- Fight 4 Facts, 2017 ongoing
- Boycott Work For the Dole, 2018 ongoing
- It’s Time! Raise Newstart to Poverty Line, 2017 ongoing
- Say No to Cashless Welfare, 2018 ongoing
- Bring Banks Your Budget, 2018 ongoing
- Dignity Not Debt, 2017 ongoing
- Justice For Josh, 2016 annual
- Myth Busting Campaign, 2015 ongoing
- Membership Drive, 2016 ongoing
- Stop the privatisation of Centrelink, 2017 ongoing (the AUWU endorses this CPSU campaign, and we encourage you to sign their petition)
Campaigns Past (but not forgotten)
- Raise Newstart — Lobby Councils, 2018
19 June, 2018: success! Delegates from local councils across Australia supported a motion at their National General Assembly of Local Government for the federal government to increase the rate of Newstart, Youth Allowance and related payments as a matter of urgency. Following the lead of Anti-Poverty Network SA, AUWU members helped raise this issue with their local councils.
- Call Out Cash, July 2017
- Dignity Not Drug Testing, 2017
- Centrelink Debt Debacle, 2017
- Your Rights, 2016 (including Booklet and Hotline launch)
- Name and Shame Your Job Agent, 2016
- Police Shutting Down AUWU Cairns Stall, 2016
- Fight the Fine, July 2015
- Campaign against Max Employment, 2015
- Fighting against “Further Strengthening Job Seeker Compliance”, 2015