The Australian Unemployed Workers’ Union is an independent and unfunded national volunteer organisation run by the unemployed, for the unemployed.
The AUWU is dedicated to protecting the rights and dignity of unemployed workers and pensioners through our national advocacy hotline and campaigning work
Membership is free and open to all.
Announcement – Due to the quickly changing nature of the current COVID-19 crisis, please visit the AUWU Facebook or Twitter pages for updates. Try to limit calls to our Hotline or messages to our Facebook page to allow everyone to get the advice they need. Click here for AUWU media statements.
To stand up for your rights, you need to know what they are. Everything you need to know is in our Rights Booklet.
To discuss your particular situation:
- Phone: (03) 9811 7064 / 1800 289 848 (National hotline)
Hours of operation: 10am-2pm AEST, Monday – Friday
- Fill out an advocacy inquiry form and we will get back to you as soon as we can.
(We are all volunteers. Please be patient with us, as we are doing our best!)
- Notice of Annual General Meeting November 11, 2020
- AUWU Speaks Your Language! Interpreters Now Available June 10, 2020
- Advice on choosing an (un)employment service provider June 1, 2020
- VOLUNTEERS NEEDED TO TEST A PILOT RATING SCALE OF EMPLOYMENT PROVIDERS May 20, 2020
- Get Paid to Attend AUWU Focus Group January 9, 2020
- Bill Mitchell Adelaide Event, January 10 January 1, 2020
- 2019 in Recap – A Message from AUWU National Coordinator December 20, 2019
The AUWU is a registered charity and has no funding or political affiliations. The AUWU relies entirely on donations and the tireless work of our unemployed volunteers.
Become a monthly contributor by filling out the below form. No amount is too small.