Have you ever been ‘parked’ by your provider? The AUWU would like to hear from you!
‘Parking’ means that your provider has decided that you are too hard to help and limits services you are entitled to. ‘Creaming’, on the other hand, means that your provider has decided you are easy to help, or maybe even have lined up a job already, and they provide you with lots of services, including ones that you don’t need.
Together with our partners at Monash University, we are looking to hear from current and former unemployed workers about their experiences of parking (or creaming) in jobactive.
You can participate in two ways.
1. Tell us your story here – tell us how you knew you had (have) been parked (or creamed), how that felt and what happened to you.
2. If you live in Brisbane, Melbourne or Adelaide, you can attend a focus group (see below for more details). Focus groups will be for approximately 2 hours and participants will receive a $40 gift voucher.
Please RSVP at one of our focus groups below.
- Brisbane: Monday 20th January at 10.00am – 12pm, Brisbane Square Library 266 George Street, Brisbane, Brisbane, Australia 4000, RSVP here
- Melbourne: Wednesday 5th February 2.00pm – 4pm, Monash University Level 7, 30 Collins Street, Melbourne, Australia 3000. RSVP here
- Adelaide: Thursday 6th February 12.00pm, AUWU National Office, 47 King William Rd, Unley, Adelaide, Australia 5061, RSVP Here
Please click on the event you would like to attend to sign up. We will then be in contact with you with more information about the focus groups.
All information provided will be de-identified and its collection has been approved by the Monash University Human Research Ethics Committee (MUHREC).
The information gathered will form a central part of the AUWU’s ongoing efforts to reform the employment services industry. There are limited spots available so get in quickly. Click here to share on facebook.
Please email David if you have any questions: email@example.com