Working It Out: Employment Services in Australia is now available! A report investigating job agencies from the point of view of unemployed workers, authored by Per Capita think tank, and the AUWU.
- A Government commitment to full employment and the enactment of policies to achieve this
- The restoration of some market share of the employment services system to public service delivery
- The establishment of an Employment Services Ombudsman
- The separation of enforcement of mutual obligations from the provision of employment services, and the restoration of public sector responsibility for the imposition of penalties
- The introduction of standardised training for employment services and limits on the maximum caseload size of consultants
- An immediate increase in the rate of Newstart by $75 per week
- An increase in Commonwealth Rent Assistance through indexing it to housing costs