Here are some simple but effective things you can do to help us give the unemployed a voice within Australian society (we have also sent this list to new members via email):
- Share our sign-up form through your email, Facebook or Twitter.
- Like our Facebook page here.
- Send through a summary of your experience of unemployment to us and join the discussions on our facebook page or website forum (help others realise they are not alone).
- Like and comment on our YouTube videos here (influence others with your opinions).
- Promote our advocacy hotline throughout your networks using our video here.
- Promote our unemployed workers rights booklet (help other unemployed workers learn about their rights). We also encourage you to find a no-cost meeting room to hold a “Your Rights” workshop (contact us if you would like to help to organise a workshop).
- Get involved with your local AUWU branch here (go to a meeting, a good way to meet like-minded people). If there is no branch in your local area, contact us to set one up.
- Come to our events here (another good way to meet like-minded people).
- Help us hand out our leaflets and booklet (in cafes, bookshops, laundromats, community noticeboards etc, contact us if you would like us to send you some printouts).
- Staff our advocacy hotline (contact us if you would like to be trained up on this).
- Become a delegate (contact us if you would like to be trained up on this).
- Join one of our national working groups.
Thanks for your support!
Australian Unemployed Workers’ Union