- This event has passed.
Advocacy Hotline Training (Melbourne) cancelled
January 31, 2017 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
Please note – for this Tuesday only the Advocacy training is cancelled due to the Centrelink Debt Debacle Rally this same day. Apologies for any inconvenience.
Learn how to respond to incoming phone calls on the AUWU National Advocacy Hotline.
No prior experience necessary!
- learn about the most common issues facing Newstart recipients
- learn to apply the AUWU rights booklet to caller inquiries
- learn our standard call procedure
- become familiar with our code of conduct
- listen to our Advocacy Officers take live calls
Come to as many Tuesday training sessions as you need, until you feel confident to:
- answer the phone and refer calls to our more experienced Advocacy Officers
- respond to calls as an Advocacy Officer
This is a core aspect of AUWU work. You will learn to really make a positive difference in people’s lives. And you will learn and work in a mutually supportive environment.
All welcome to come along to one training to see if this is something that would suit you.